Lynn McNicoll, MDEdit My Page
Hospitalized Care for older persons
Intensive care for older persons
2001 GSA Clinical Medicine Person-In-Training Award - GSA
2003 "Top Doctor" For Older Women in Rhode Island
2003 Lifespan Barnett Fain Quality Improvement Award
2004 "Top Doctor" For Geriatric Medicine in Rhode Island
2004 Best Paper Section of Neurology and Behavioral Sciences Award - AGS
2006 New Investigator Award - AGS
American Geriatrics Society
Gerontological Society of America
American Medical Director's Association
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Quality Partners of Rhode Island
Co-PI on the Rhode Island Intensive Care Unit Collaborative for the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based protocols to improve practices and patient safety in ICU statewide. Unrestricted funds provided by United Healthcare Insurance and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island Health Insurance companies.
Amount: $870,000 over 2 years.
I am co-director of the scholarly concentration in aging. I am director of education for the division of geriatrics.
- Brief Methodological Report: McNicoll L, Pisani MA, Ely EW, Gifford D, Inouye SK. Detection of Delirium in the ICU: Comparison of the CAM-ICU with CAM Ratings. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005;53(3):495-500.(2005)
- Letter to the Editor: Nachamie H, McNicoll L, Dosa D. Generalizability and First-Line Therapy Associated with Tramadol/Acetaminophen Studied for Osteoarthritis Add-on Therapy for Refractory Pain. J Am Geriatr Soc 2005;53(1):165.(2005)
- Review Article: Pisani M, McNicoll L, Inouye SK. Cognitive Impairment in the ICU. Clinics in Chest Medicine: Nonpulmonary critical care. Dec 2003;24(4):727-37.(2003)
- Original Article: Pisani M, Redlich C, McNicoll L, Ely EW, Inouye SK. Under-Recognition of Preexisting Cognitive Impairment by Physicians in Older Intensive Care Unit Patients Chest 2003;124(6:2267-74..(2003)
- Brief Methodological Report: Pisani M, Inouye SK, McNicoll L, Redlich CA. Screening for Pre-existing Cognitive Impairment in Older Intensive Care Unit Patients: Use of Proxy Assessments. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51(5):689-93.(2003)
- Original Article: McNicoll L, Pisani M, Zhang Y, Ely EW, Siegel M, Inouye SK. Delirium in the Intensive Care Unit: Occurrence and Clinical Course in Older Persons. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51(5):591-8.(2003)