Peter Kramer, MDEdit My Page
Non-fiction books for a general audience on subjects related to psychiatry and medical ethics, often with broader cultural implications. Literary fiction. Nonfiction essays in newspapers and general circulation magazines. Past academic monographs in psychiary and public health. Recent writing in academic journals: book reviews and occasional contributions in medical ethics.
- Freud: Inventor of the Modern Mind, HarperCollins/Atlas Books, November 2006(2006)
- Against Depression New York: Viking, 2005 [Penguin Paperback, 2006]; Chinese, Korean, Spanish, and Swedish editions, 2006; Hebrew, Polish, andPortuguese editions [in press];(2005)
- Spectacular Happiness New York: Scribner, 2001 [Scribner paperback, 2002](2001)
- Should You Leave? New York: Scribner, 1997 [Penguin paperback, 1999]. British, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish editions, 1998-2000(1997)
- Listening to Prozac New York: Viking, 1993 [Penguin paperback, 1994]. Fourteen foreign editions, 1994-6: Australian, British, Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish; American second edition with afterword, Penguin, 1997(1993)
- Moments of Engagement: Intimate Psychotherapy in a Technological Age New York: W. W. Norton & Co., 1989 [Penguin paperback, 1994](1989)