The mission of the Division of Biology and Medicine at Brown University is to understand and improve the health of individuals and populations and the environments in which they live.
Our vision is to be internationally recognized for an integrated approach to transformative and socially responsible research, education and service in the life sciences. We will attract, inspire and cultivate the leading scholars in biology, medicine and public health.
- Creativity, innovation and discovery
- Initiative, commitment and accountability
- Education through active engagement
- Collaboration across disciplines and institutions
- Social responsibility, both local and global
- Inclusiveness and respect for diversity