The Office of Biomed Computer Services is the Biomed Division’s own information technology group. It works closely with Brown’s Computing and Information Services (CIS) department to provide coordinated access to computing resources. Its objectives are to support the teaching, research and administrative activities of the division through appropriate use of information technology; to enable effective communication with all of the division’s audiences through the Web; and to share its knowledge and capabilities with the university IT community.
- Desktop and network support: We install, configure and troubleshoot Windows computers and Macintoshes, as well as HP printers.
- Computer equipment and software procurement: We can assess your technical requirements and recommend suitable equipment and/or software. We will then handle the entire purchase process, including coordinating with Biomed Research Administration on procedures for grant-funded purchases. Computer Services also manages the Equipment Replacement Program which provides Division-funded computers for eligible faculty and staff.
- Administrative file storage: We operate a file server that is available for use by Division faculty and staff for storing administrative material. We also provide FileMaker database hosting services. All of our file and database servers are backed up nightly.
- Web design: We provide website design and implementation services for departmental websites, using CIS’s web servers.
- System design: We build FileMaker and web-based systems that help automate the division’s operations.
For information on any of the above services, please call 863-2464 or email email@example.com.