Office of Curriculum Affairs
The Office of Curriculum Affairs was established in 1992 to ensure the continuous improvement of the quality of the medical curriculum. Curriculum development and evaluation, as well as faculty-development issues, lie within the purview of this office. In particular, this office oversees our competency-based curriculum, including service-learning and patient advocacy programs as well as administering the Fourth-Year Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). The Office is also responsible for curriculum coordination for first- and second-year courses, for reviewing courses and faculty evaluations, and for carrying out the curriculum initiatives of the Medical Curriculum Committee.
Richard Dollase, Ed.D.
Director, Curriculum Affairs
Bio Medical Center Rm. 203
- Plans and coordinates faculty-development initiatives for course leaders and for clinical faculty
- Directs and implements MD2000, our competency-based curriculum, including providing administrative support to the MD2000 assessment committees
- Develops the academic calendars, including scheduling mid-term and final examinations
- Serves as coordinator of the Medical Curriculum Committee, including developing monthly agendas, planning the annual strategic retreat and serving on the preclinical and core clerkships subcommittees
- Facilitates the coordination of the preclinical curriculum
- Coordinates the review of annual course leaders' self-evaluation reports as well as carries out substantive reviews of preclinical and core clerkships
- Reviews the student evaluations of faculty to determine teaching effectiveness, including selecting faculty to receive the Teaching Excellence Awards and working with preclinical course instructors to improve their teaching.
- Oversees the mentoring program for junior faculty and provide curriculum development grants to faculty for innovative teaching and learning projects.
BioMed Center Rm. 203
- Contact for Hospital-Based faculty
- Course coordination of 1st and 2nd year
- Special projects for O.C.A.
- Administrator of course evaluations for 1st and 2nd year students
- Primary support person for MedPlan, educational planning software
- Contact for Campus Based Faculty
- Contact for 1st and 2nd year students for information regarding courses and scheduling
- Assists students with learning disabilities in arranging special accommodations
BioMed Center Rm. 203
- Oversees administration coordinating in implementing the medical school service learning program
- Link students and community
- Visits service-learning sites
- Work with students in developing an understanding of the community
- Identify new partnerships
- Evaluate service-learning outcomes Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE)
- Gathering Data
- Assists in videotaping